Turn local trash into works of art! At the same time, raise awareness of the problem of trash in our waters, on our beaches, and in all waterways.
All applicants must submit an email application to be allowed into the Convention Center during the OCEANS 2023 Conference. An email will serve as your application. Applicants must submit an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject “ART”, identifying:
- Name of Artist or Group
- Note – if Artist/Group is under 18, the name of an adult must also be provided
- Age of Artist (only for individual entries)
- Whether the Artist is Professional or Amateur (only for individual entries)
- Description of artwork, including dimensions (height and width) and weight, whether free-standing or on an easel (must be provided by artist), or other requirements for display
- Title of artwork
- List of materials used in the artwork
- An email and phone for contact purposes
- Each email will receive a response indicating their application has been received.
Deadline for Application: Groups or individuals not submitting an application by Monday September 25 will not be allowed to participate in this contest.
Entries will be given a table and/or space at the Mississippi Coast Convention Center. Your location will be identified by your name or group name. Entries must be set up at the Convention Center on Monday, September 25, 2023, from 9 am to noon. Each attendee of the conference will be given a ticket to vote for their favorite art piece. Tickets will be placed in boxes located on the table or near your art piece. At the end of the day on Wednesday, September 27, 2023, tickets will be collected, and winners announced in five categories:
- Professionals – Under 19 years of age
- Amateurs – Under 19 years of age
- Professional – 19+
- Amateurs – 19+
The announcement of winners in these categories will be announced at the OCEANS 2023 Gala, Wednesday, September 27 at the Beau Rivage. All artists will be given a pass to attend the announcement at no cost. All entries must be removed from the Convention Center by the artist or group no later than 6:00 pm, September 28, 2023. Items not removed by this deadline will be discarded.